“Intim” derives from the Latin adjective intimus for intimate in English, and it also means intimate in several European languages. IntimMed denotes intimate medicine, which is what we specialize in.
Intimacy is of critical importance in nurturing human relationships. Intimacy is much more than sexual; it encompasses emotional and physical connectivity enabled by self-confidence, physical attractiveness and the ability to give the best of oneself. It involves the whole being. IntimMed addresses the issues relating to intimacy in a comprehensive, integrative way to create a successful outcome.
Dr. Lau created IntimMed, PLLC specifically to help women to be comfortable and confident in intimacy. With more than 25 years of experience in gynecology and sexual health, general cosmetic and cosmetic vaginal surgery, and sexual medicine serving women worldwide, Dr. Lau is keenly aware of the many concerns and “hang-ups” that we all might have with intimacy:
- Lack of self-confidence in one’s look in general or in specific areas.
- Concerns about function and appearance of the intimate parts of the body – especially relating to childbearing, aging and relationship changes.
- Even more importantly, one’s lack of satisfaction with intimacy.
IntimMed provides the following highly specialized services, in an integrative way, to help women achieve the most in intimacy, with a tailored regimen for each individual to meet all her concerns and needs – physical, psychological and emotional.
- Cosmetic vaginal surgery and procedures to optimize and restore the aesthetics and function of the intimate areas.
- Sexual medicine to address emotional, psychological, and physical issues relating to intimacy, especially in the context of functional and aesthetic difficulties.
- General / Intimate aesthetic services to enhance one’s appearance, especially of the more private areas of the body – specifically offering our expertise in cellulite reduction, local body contour issues, laser hair management, and aesthetics of the intimate area and lower body.